Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My last area

Hey!                                                                           May 31, 2015

How are you mom! It sounds like with each new week there are new challenges and new things to get done! But thats how life is! 

I was in a ward activity when the 1st counselor of the bishopric informed me that Elder Perry had passed away. I was sad to hear that. It was hard to take. But I believe that those men have no fear of death. Im sure that Elder Perry knew it was coming and that it was his time to go. He is a great example to all of us.

And yes, the time has come. Me and Elder Wallace will no longer be comps... It is sad but we had a good run together. We learned alot together and I am grateful for his great example! And yes I will still be a zone leader but I will be going to the zone of Angol. 32 missonaries hahaha. My sector is called Alemania. It is spanish for Germany. No I will not be speaking german haha thank the heavens! My comp will be Elder L! He is from Texas and his dad is Mexican, but he is as gringo as it gets haha. This will actually be his last cambio in the mission, which means that I will be ¨killing¨ him (I will be the comp that ends his mission) haha.  He his a great guy and I actually lived with him when I was in Boca. We lived together for about 2 months and I have known him since the beginning of my mission. He is a convert of a little over 2 years.  His parents are not members. But he has a really strong testimony of the Gospel and I am excited to be with him!

This last week was another struggle haha.  We ended the month of May with 8 baptisms in the zone, which may or may not be the highest in the mission, but we will enter June with only 2 baptismal dates. That doesn't mean we will only have 2 baptisms but it doesn't mean we will have 50 haha. I know that Elder Wallace will be able to handle it tho, he is a stud.

It will be hard to leave Labranza and I will miss the people here that I was able to know and meet. Especially Z and L. They are both great people and once L gets baptized some day in the future the will both be great members of the church.

I pray for the family every day and I may not be aware of everyone's personal challenges but I know that the answer is found in the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. There is no other way (2 Nephi 31:21) That leads to true happiness and peace! I love you mom and I love this gospel! I hope that you have a great week and know that I am okay. I am fighting the battle that needs to be fought! I love you!!

Elder Noel

The Labranza Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment