Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Funny story

I had my last interview with Pres Martinez before he leaves in July.
Hey Mom,                                           May 25, 2014                                                                                   

This week I received my new comp. He is from Hawaii. He just got out of the Mtc in Mexico and doesn't know a lick of spanish. But he is very loving and a great kid. He is 18 and he won't turn 19 until September. See he is pretty young! But a great kid! As far as the work goes it was kind of a bad week for us. Just how last week we were able to find lots of new people and get lots of people to church. This week was the opposite. But we set some goals this week and we are just going to try and fix it so this week will be better. 

Crazy story. This week we taught a lesson to three drunk guys in a house. 2 of them were making weird hand signals during the lesson, but the other one actually paid attention. He told me that he was a member. That him and his wife seperated and that ever since then he has had a drinking problem. But we commited him to coming to church this week. Then, one of the other drunk guys kissed me and my comp on the cheek. That's the second time that has happened to me in Chile, and I don't expect it to be the last.
I heard a quote this week. ¨The road to HELL is full of GREAT INTENTIONS. The road to SALVATION is full of GREAT ACTIONS.¨ I was really thinking about that and it makes alot of sense. I think hell would be looking back on life and seeing what COULD have been. Its time to ACT.
Love YOU!

Elder Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment