Monday, June 16, 2014

My new companion

My new "kid" Elder Fuimaono from Hawaii

sunset in Canete

Beautiful!
Hey Mom,                                       June 9, 2014                                                    

 How are ya! Thanks for the email and everything! I really appreciate it!

This week was alright. As far as the work goes here its going okay. I feel like we could be doing alot better.  We did have 5 people in church which is actually a pretty good number. We are hoping to see some baptisms here hopefully this week or the next. We are teaching this family who I found with Elder Precourt. They are progressing well and have a baptismal date for the 21st. The problem is that the mom isn’t married and lives with her boyfriend. But Pablo is solid. He is 15 and is marking in the Book of Mormon already. So I feel like he should get baptized for sure.

Training is a little harder than I thought. But he is a good kid. I find myself wanting to do everything for him. I need to just let him go I guess.

For your talk, just tell the ward I love them. And that love is the best thing a person can acquire in my opinion. I think that learning how to love is very hard.  That’s why it is the best gift you can have. If it was easy to acquire true charity then we wouldn’t have so many wars, etc...  I heard a quote the other day that, “the trials we face give us an opportunity to learn how to love”.

I never thought that love was a learning process. When I heard that quote it kinda made me think that it is something that we can all acquire. Corinthians chapter 13 is a great chapter on charity. My comp is cold haha. Here it is cold and rainy, almost every day!

How is everything for you? I hope that it is all going well and that you are ENJOYING your summer. Just remember that while you guys are swimming. I am walking in the rain.  Haha.

Tell Dad this for Father’s Day.  Dad has acquired and gained the pure love of Christ.  When dad was first called bishop I thought oh great. Now I’m going to be Peter Priesthood. Well a year or so past and I found out that even though having a dad that was a bishop was hard, that it was a blessing. Not because he was in charge and not because we get more blessings, but because I learned to trust and confide in Dad. I really leaned on him a lot. At home and in my mission especially. I cannot explain how many times a day I ask myself, what would my dad do? How would my dad react? etc.. To have parents like you guys is truly the greatest blessing I think that I can count in my life. I love my dad.


I love you a ton and have a great week! 
Elder Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment