Monday, December 1, 2014

I got mugged!!

Hey Everyone!                                Dec 1, 2014

     I am glad to know that you guys had a great time at the party with the family. I hope you told them all that I love and miss them. The day of Thanksgiving I actually sorta forgot it was Thanksgiving until night time. But we just ordered the usual, Churrascos haha, its a sandwich with tomato, avacado, mayo, meat. Its pretty good.Thats too bad to hear about the Aggies, but at least they will be able to go to a bowl game and at least they beat BYU. I think that if those two things can happen then you can call it a successful season haha.     
     We are very blessed as a family. Thanks to the gospel we have everything that we need to be happy. I never realized that until now. Everything that we have is because of the gospel.  I love it.
     Everyone down here keeps asking what its like to live in a place where it snows and things like that. Its funny because to me snow is normal, but down here to see snow would mean the second coming haha.         Down here everyone is starting to put up some lights and there are trees and some things like that. And of course the jokes have started already. Papa Noel here and NOEL Noel noel noel. Haha I like it though, it brings a smile to their faces.
     This week the work was sorta slow. I gotta admit I probably didn't put my best effort in. I got some things to work on. But this week is a new week so I will take what I learned from last week and put it in to practice this week. I only got 11 months left so I gotta focus even more.  We had 7 investigators in church so thats good. I just hope that we can start getting some of these people baptized!
     It sounds like it was a good church meeting on trusting in the Lord. That's a good topic. Trusting in the Lord. I think for most of us, trusting in the Lord is the hardest thing to do and I don't know why. I think it has to do with the faith that we have some times. When we are younger we are taught that when we struggle or have problems or don't know what to do that we should pray unto the Lord. But for some reason as we grow older we start to think of those things as sort of a last resort. Or we think that they won't even work. Even here in the mission I see myself doing that sometimes. That I can sort of ¨do it by myself´´ which is the exact opposite of what we should be doing but sadly it happens. It takes alot of practice.  Here is a good scripture about that in 2 Nephi 4:34 "O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that puteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that puteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm".
     So I am learning each day to trust in the Lord more and more.
     Well yesterday something scary sorta happened, but you can't tell mom. Me and my comp got robbed.  We went to go pick up an investigator for church who wasn't there, so we just started walking to church.  We past this building and this guy popped out with a gun and said I want your cell phone, money, watches, etc.  We gave him the stuff and then he told us to walk away and we did. I was pretty shocked at the moment and I didn't quite know what to do other than do what he said. Well we walked away unharmed, but he got about 20 dollars and my watch, which is sorta cheap, and our cell phone, which also is cheap.  He got my comps watch which his mom gave to him before he left as a gift.  It was worth about 150 dollars he said. But we are okay.  
     This experience kinda made me mad and I kept rethinking the situation on maybe what I could have done to avoid it or things like that but that just brought me anger and regret so I just sorta let it go.
     I walked away humbled and grateful that I walked away clean with my comp. But thats my story for the week, you can tell mom if you want but I am not going to tell her hahaha, she will freak out.
      I am excited to be able to talk with you guys on Christmas. Don't worry about me I am good. 
Take care! 
Elder Noel

House Buddy!

A rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment