Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 17, 2014

Mom,
I have been a little sick, had a cold, still have a little one, but don’t worry about me, I’ll be good! As far as your missionary work goes, I think a lot of people ask the question why 18, 19 young men and women would want to leave their friends family and everything to go somewhere they have never been and walk around talking about the Savior and the Book of Mormon. I think that there are many answers to that question. Maybe someone feels forced to go. Peer pressure. My friends are going so maybe I should. But I think why most missionaries go is because they have a desire to serve. Then you learn in the MTC that what the Lord and God have given us is everything. The least we can do is give 2 years of ourselves to the Lord. Helping others. Sharing. That’s my 2 sense anyway. I saw how happy the gospel made our family and other families.  If the same happiness could be felt by others, then I or others would want to show them the way. 

One of the elders here gave a talk and asked a question. Are we living to work? or working to live? Made me kinda take a step back and realize what really is important in life, if we cant be happy without our phones, tv, cool clothes and toys etc, we need to do adjusting I think haha. None of that stuff is bad, at all. But sometimes like you have said many times before, it consumes. Controls us. I have learned by watching other people just here in the mission, that by obeying rules, we become free. By having no rules or commandments, we become constricted, captive.

Sometimes I think we need to look at the definition of happiness. What is happiness? We need to answer that question for ourselves I think. Have a good week mom! I love you so much! 

Chau! 

Elder Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment