Thursday, October 16, 2014

birthday cake and Pdays

Hey Mom,                                October 13th, 2014

Things here are going good, I loved all of the presents you sent me and the cake was absolutely delicious, when I ate it I had a flashback that I was at home haha.  

This week started off slow but ended well, we were able to have 7 investigators in church. That was cool to see and have them there. I have heard alot about that movie  "Meet The Mormons"  but I doubt that we will be able to see it. There is like one movie theatre here in Chile and Im not sure how many people would be interested in it, but I did find out that 1 out of every 30 Chileans are mormon. And of those who are mormon, 9 out of 10 are inactive. That blew my mind.  I knew inactivity was high but I didn't know that it was that high.  There is a lot of work to do down here haha.

I am doing ok, some days are better than others, but thats how life is, I just gotta focus on what I can do to be a better missionary and not focus on the outward results compared to the outward results of someone else, that sure is a formula for disappointment.  I think that applies to all of us in this life. We shouldn't compare the blessings given to us to other people's blessings.  That is a way to become ungrateful and or prideful.  I still have alot to work on as a person and as a missionary, but I know that with the Lords help I can do it, and so can all of us. Love you alot Mom and I am grateful that we have this gospel in our lives and in the lives of our families. Sometimes I wish that I could just make the investigators see and feel all the importance that the gospel can have in their lives if they just choose to accept and live it.

We are about 30 minutes away from Concepcion by bus. We go every pday, its a pretty cool place, they have Mcdonalds and stuff so thats cool. It looks like a normal city, its actually not part of our mission though, its part of the Concepcion mission. Today I think we are just going to eat some lunch in Concepcion and then my comp wants to go home and sleep haha.

I love you alot, your the best! 

Elder Noel
Hayden's favorite birthday cake.  Yellow cake with chocolate frosting!  YUMMY

No comments:

Post a Comment