Thursday, February 26, 2015

A good week

Hey Dad!                                February 16th, 2015
    
     There are alot of things that I can't control in missionary work and in fact in life, but if we just do what we can we will be blessed! Like in the Book of Mormon, the Lord always says that inasmuch as we keep the commandments, we will prosper in the land. It also applies to missionary work. Me and my comp get along well so that helps out alot and we are trying to work hard and have fun at the same time. In the beginning of my mission, I didn't believe that the two could be mixed. Fun and hard work, but it's true, they can.
     This week President sent out a bunch of new rules for the mission. More specifics. One of the rules is that we can't ¨chat¨ over email. So me and you won't have that opportunity anymore, I want to be obedient, so I will only be able to send one at a time. 
     The zone this week looks alot better than last week. We had 18 investigators in church and have 10 dates for baptism so thats a ton better than last week.  We just gotta keep pushing so we can get better every week. 
     On thursday I had a chance to work with one of the assistants named Elder K.  He is a really great guy. Solid missionary.  Anyways we talked and we had nothing scheduled that day so me and him contacted people in the street and people at their doors for almost the whole day. At the end of the day we got into a house with this lady and we challenged her to baptizm and she accepted. She is really cool and prepared to receive the gospel.  That day I learned, or relearned, two things; 1- When we are diligent God always blesses us. 2-Talk to everyone!              After the cambio me and my comp talked about how we needed to talk to more people, well in the whole week we ended up with 322 contacts and 10 great new people to teach who can really progress.  If we talk to everyone then God will put the people that are prepared to recieve the Gospel in our path because he knows we will talk to them. It was something really cool to see and experience.
     Tomorrow we have interviews with President and his wife. They are actually going to come to our house to do the interviews, so we are making sure to keep things clean and stuff like that haha.  It was my turn to clean the bathroom so that was great.
     But thanks dad for all the advice you give and for the prayers that you send. I really do love being a missionary, even though at times I just want to throw my hands up in frustration I am learning slowly and patiently what the Lord wants and expects of me. Thanks dad for your great example to me and for helping me achieve my goals! I love you and have a great week! Be safe! Chau!
     Love,
     Elder Noel

No comments:

Post a Comment