Thursday, May 21, 2015

We had a baptism:)

Hey Mom!                                                             May 18, 2015

  Sounds like you had a good week and that this upcoming week will be even better haha! Cole graduated from seminary, I cant believe that I did that same thing 2 years ago haha man does time fly. Tell Cole that I am proud of him and happy for the decisions that he is making in his life right now, he is a good kid and he will be a great missionary! But anyways......


Down here it has been raining like crazy as well! On sunday I thought that it would be a good idea to just wear my slip on shoes to church, well it turns out that that was not a very good idea because I ended up spending all of church with wet socks and with wet shoes, but oh well, it happens.

Can you say Baptism??? Haha Z was baptized and of course she was married the day before! It was really cool to see her get baptized and she was really happy. She is probably one of the happiest people that I have met on my mission. She is awesome and now we just have to keep helping her on her way and hopefully her husband will start to listen to us, that would be awesome!  The whole week we were just hoping and praying that she would be able to be baptized and it paid off because she made the decision! The day before her marriage we went to her house and her mom and sister were there, Z had told them that she was going to be baptized and her sister and her mom were really supportive! Something that almost never happens! Haha, in fact Z´s mom came to the baptism and she just happens to be from one of Elder Wallace´s old sectors, Yumbel. So we talked to her and she said that she would like it if the Elders came to teach her at her house! It was really cool! 

The rest of the week was good but also very stressful, we had to make sure everything was good with the baptism, then about half of the zone got sick and some couldn't work, also the assistants came down to work with us so that was cool, they helped us out a bit with some stuff so we were happy about that.  I think this Zone Leader thing might bring me to death hahha jk jk. I feel like I'm one of those chinese guys who spins plates on the end of a stick. I feel like I am spinning about five different plates and that pretty soon they are all going to come crashing to the floor haha. But I am trying to learn some new things that can help me be a little more organized.  I like it and it is good for me because it pushes me to do my best and to try and help others at the same time. Its hard but I think slowly I might be getting the hang of it!

L came to church again this week. We talked to him on thursday and challenged him to fast with us. The purpose of the fast was that he could recieve an answer to his prayer about getting baptized, so we are hoping that he was able to feel something so that he can just get baptized. I love that guy, he is awesome.

Everything else is going pretty good! It looks like I might only have 2 weeks left here in Labranza, cambios are coming up soon and I have been here for almost 4 and 1/2 months, including 3 months with Elder Wallace, that usually means the boot. I would love to stay another cambios, but I guess we will just leave it up to the Lord! As my time in the mission keeps on going I start to think about the future and what it holds, like school, a job, a FAMILY , I can't support a FAMILY haha. But I know that the Lord will bless me as I keep the commandments. 

But hey I love you mom! Thanks again for all that you do and I hope that you have a great week! Take care! 

Elder Noel

Happy baptism day

Sight seeing!







No comments:

Post a Comment